We are committed to investing in the best teaching and learning environment for our students, all kitted-out with the latest industry-standard equipment.
Develop your talent and skills using the same equipment, software and surroundings successful industry professionals use every day.
In order to achieve your dream goals in the music industry – and be the absolute best you can be – we know you’ve got to have the best equipment and facilities around you. That’s why each and every one of our eight colleges are fitted out with industry-standard facilities that rival the world’s best studios and education centres.
Drill your band in rehearsal areas kitted out with top brands like Orange, Fender, Marshall and Zildjian. Track your latest tunes in our on-site high-spec recording studios, and hit our post-production suites to go further than ever before. We’ve also partnered with outstanding studios and performance spaces throughout our musical cities so you can push your talent and achieve your goals.
Throughout your course, you’ll learn in our spacious teaching rooms and Mac Labs. Our expert lecturers are also well-versed in every single element of industry tech (from software to amp stacks) and will always be on hand to help you upskill, improve and ultimately reach your musical goals.
BIMM Institute Birmingham's purpose-built facility houses a truly state-of-the-art recording studio with specialist and industry-leading equipment so that you can take your first steps into the world of music. You’ll have access to professional equipment and the ability to record your session in a high-quality space to rival those used by industry professionals themselves.
Each one of BIMM Institute Brighton's three buildings is packed with features that are sure to impress you, your mates and your parents. You’ll also use local music resources outside of the college to broaden those real-world experiences and graduate with a true understanding of how things really work in the industry.
Choose to study across our two colleges and you’ll be surrounded by high-tech facilities. These include two high specification recording studios with live rooms, kitted out with industry-standard Audient desks and a wide range of bookable recording equipment.
More than just the capital of the country, London is the capital of the music world. With facilities befitting of the city’s status, BIMM Institute London is the ultimate place to prepare for the rigours of the music industry.
BIMM Institute Manchester puts you right at the centre of Manchester’s music scene. We have two buildings, each equipped with what you need to progress in your subject, expand your skills and launch into the music industry.
Study at the epicentre of Europe’s music scene at BIMM Institute Berlin. You’ll thrive in the city’s creative, experimental and international vibe and have access to our state-of-the-art facilities at the iconic House of Music.
BIMM Institute Dublin's two colleges provide exceptional equipment and inspirational learning environments so you can start your music career from day one.
We offer state-of-the-art, purpose-built recording studios with acoustically designed live rooms and control rooms for professional recording, mixing and mastering.
Our dedicated studio control rooms feature an array of analogue and digital equipment, such as:
- Audient 8024HE 24-channel mixing desks
- Focal Single6 BE’s, Yamaha HS5’s and Avantone Mixcube monitors
- Genelec 5.1 surround sound speaker systems
- A host of Pro level software on Mac computers, including Pro-tools HD, Logic X, Ableton Live, Universal Audio Ultimate plugins, NI Komplete, Soundtoys Effects Rack, Fabfilter Pro Bundle, Reaper, Izotope Ozone 7 Advanced
- Outboard gear such as Warm Audio Limiting Amplifiers, Focusrite Pre-Amplifiers, Universal Audio Apollo preamp, Empirical Labs Distressors, Drawmer Compressor, Drawmer Noise Gate, Lexicon FX module
- The monitoring in our Berlin studio control room is an ADAM Audio series, which includes a 5.1 surround setup
Through the glass from the control room, our studio live rooms have been built from the ground up to ensure excellent sound isolation and high-quality adaptable acoustics.
Our studios feature superior treatments, such as ‘Live end – Dead end’ arrangement, adjustable acoustics, bass traps, absorption panels and reclaimed wood Schroeder diffusers. This turns our studio live rooms into versatile, high-quality environments for professional-level sound capture.
Our specialist studios (for disciplines such as Songwriting, Vocals and Bass) also feature high-tech equipment, such as Roland TD-12 v-kits, Kurzweil stage pianos and backline by Laney, Orange, MarkBass and more.
We also have a host of microphones from the world’s leading brands, such as:
- Matched Neumann
- Aston Starlight
This is just part of what we do to ensure you have exposure to what life in the industry is really like.
During your time here, you’ll feel right at home working with high-end equipment, whether that’s picking up a Gibson or Fender guitar or bass, playing on a Yamaha keyboard, sitting behind iconic Zildjian cymbals and Gretsch award-winning kits topped with Evans’ pioneering drumheads, standing in front of a Shure, AKG or Sontronics mic or setting up your amp from the likes of Marshall, Fender, Aguillar, Orange and more.
Our high-spec range of equipment is also available to loan, including mics, guitars, keyboards, cameras, mobile recording equipment and even DJ decks.
We offer equipment such as:
- Amps by Marshall, Orange, Ampeg, Laney, Fender, Aguilar, Crown, Hi Watt, Ashdown, Victory and more
- Guitarists and bassists can master their craft on gear by Marshall, Fender, JMI, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Gibson, Blackstar, Orange, Ernie Ball and more
- Drummers will play kits and cymbals by DW, Zildjian and top-level Roland TD-12 v-kits
- Mics from Shure, AKG, Sontronics, Rode and many more
- Producers and songwriters have dedicated rooms and studios, but all students have access to equipment from the industry’s leading manufacturers, such as Kurzweil, Yamaha, Hammond, Fender, Takamine, Ozark, Cornford, Marshall, Mapex, Mesa, Boogie, Vox, Ampeg, Peavey, Hiwatt, Orange and Roland
Did you know? Nate Watts, Stevie Wonder’s bass player, kindly gifted us a range of amps and speaker stacks.
Our live rooms are perfect for aspiring performers. Our smaller live rooms provide intimate, cosy performance spaces while our larger live rooms can hold 100 people with many more standing. This makes them perfect for honing the craft of performing in front of an audience within a supportive and encouraging environment.
All our live rooms feature adaptable lighting, excellent acoustic treatment and a professional sound system. They’re also the settings for exclusive music industry guests and masterclasses.
Our live rooms include industry-standard equipment, such as:
- Yamaha DHR PA system with subwoofers
- d&b front of House and Monitor equipment
- d&b & Crown power amps
- Full LED and PAR 56 lighting systems, powered by Avolites software or Jester lighting controller
- Yamaha CL5 and Midas M32 sound desks, equipped with Dante cards for multi-track recording straight into Logic Pro X, BSS, Drawmer, DBX & Lexicon outboard equipment
- Tama drums and hardware
- Roland SPD-SX drum sample pads
- Rio Digi stage box and Cat5 multicore
- Fender, Orange, Cornford, Marshall and Hi-Watt guitar amps
- Orange, Eden and Aguilar bass amps
All our high-tech Mac Labs are equipped with 136 iMacs with industry software favourites Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro). This gives you the opportunity to access thousands of pounds worth of technology both in your lectures and in your free time.
Our Mac Suites are equipped with recording booths. We also offer post-production suites and mixing rooms for students pursuing a more technical route into music.
Our suites offer 5.1 surround sound and can be booked for use outside of scheduled lessons, including weekends. And that’s not all. We also have Apple-equipped Digital Audio Workstation suites (DAW), including Ableton Push units.
As well as software, we’ve also invested in hardware, such as:
- The Moog Mother 32: The Moog synthesiser sound has a unique appeal, partly down to the design of its filter, which Moog (the company) has preserved to this day in all its synths
- The Korg MS20 mini: A classic synth of the 1970s, used by everybody from Jean-Michel Jarre to Daft Punk, Aphex Twin and Portishead. Along with this, we also have the entry-price (but oh so cool) little Korg Volca units, including the Bass, Keys and FM units
- The Doepfer A-100 modular system: Fully patchable with no fixed signal flow, it is the ultimate flexible tool for creative work and happy accidents
You’ll find a wide range of multi-purpose rooms throughout our colleges that can be used for rehearsing and lectures. All our teaching rooms are fully equipped with full backline and equipment from the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, such as Gibson, Fender, Ernie Ball, Yamaha, Marshall, Hartke, Peavey, Shure and Sontronics.
Our multi-purpose rooms are available to book via our online system any time that they’re not being used for lessons. This ensures you can make the most of your time here, put what you’ve learned into practice and excel.
Songwriting rooms: We have everything you need to craft original music, such as Yamaha upright pianos, Hammond organs, Roland and Kurzweil keyboards, Marshall, Hi-Watt and Ashdown amps, Fender, Takamine and Ozark acoustic guitars, and percussion.
Theory/keyboard rooms: These rooms feature equipment such as 11 Yamaha Paiggero NP-V60 keyboards.
Bass rooms: These rooms are kitted out with equipment such as Ampeg SVT classic head and 8×10 cab, a Hartke L1000 and speaker stack, Orange AD200 with 4×10 and 1×15 cabs, Eden WTX-500 and a Hiwatt 200 amp and cab.
Guitar rooms: Our guitar rooms feature a choice of amp heads, including Orange, TH30, Roberverb 50 and AD30 Heads, Marshall DSL 100w and JCM 2000 50w Heads, Laney TI 100W and GH50 Half Stacks and Victory V30 heads.
Music Business, Event Management and Music Marketing: We also have dedicated Music Business, Event Management and Music Marketing teaching rooms.
You’ll have access to a range of communal computer facilities, including our state-of-the-art Mac suites and dedicated research and networking spaces. You’ll also spend a lot of your time in our range of associated live events spaces within your chosen city.
As a BIMM student, you’ll have access to dedicated learning resources to help make your studies a success.
Throughout your time here, you’ll have access to online learning tools, such as our digital library, which provides access to digital versions of key subject texts and supplementary web resources. Every student will also log on to Canvas, our Virtual Learning Environment, to access learning resources, submit work and receive feedback.
We also offer dedicated spaces for quiet study complete with physical books, as well as biographies of industry legends, journals, and subject-specific texts. Spaces also include access to PCs and Macs that can be used for research, essay writing and as practical DAW work. You’ll have access to Microsoft Office’s 365 Suite, which includes OneDrive cloud storage, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
Our meeting rooms can also be used for study support, counselling, student support and academic support meetings.
Although our onsite facilities are unmatched, we also realise how beneficial working in real-world situations can be. So, we’ve partnered with some of the most impressive studios, rehearsal spaces and live events spaces around so you have direct access to living, breathing and functioning professional spaces.
And the added bonus? They’re located in each of our cities near our colleges. Brighton Electric Studios, for example, sees you immersed in amazing quality microphone choice, varied acoustic rooms and vintage recording outboard gear where you can really craft the sonics of your productions.
Our other exclusive external facilities include:
- Pirate Studios
- Manchester Music Box
- TRIXX Studios
- VIP Lounge at St.Pauli Stadium with Levi’s Music School
For any questions regarding our industry-leading facilities or if you’d like more information on how to apply to BIMM Institute please contact our Admissions Team on 0344 2 646 666 or email [email protected].