Summer schools 2023
Your summer in music starts here
Calling young music performers – guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals or drums – and young music producers: Create and connect with like-minded performers and producers at our fantastic summer schools.
Each year at BIMM Institute, we run a range of summer schools for young people aged 11-17 looking to develop their skills, be creative, gain confidence or simply to just have fun.
We run courses for all genres and tastes of music, so whether you love indie, pop, R&B, rock and metal or electronic music, there’s a summer school for you.
Each summer school runs over five days and consists of:
- Dedicated tuition for your chosen discipline
- Live performance workshops on stage for performers
- Access to music software and hardware for producers
- Special guests throughout the week
What are you waiting for?
Where can I attend a BIMM Summer School?
2023 BIMM Summer Schools Participation Bursary
A Participation Bursary can be offered to students from backgrounds identified in our Access and Participation Plan. The bursary enables participation in the BIMM summer schools by providing the full fee to cover the course cost, as well as travel, lunch and access to instruments where needed. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a taste of BIMM life and to find out what it is like to study a music course at BIMM.
The Participation Bursary is for UK residents between the ages of 11 and 17 years with full consent from their parent and/or guardian.
You must meet ONE of these criteria to be eligible:
- You must also meet ONE of these criteria to be eligible;
- Be in care, a recent care leaver or care experienced
- Be a young carer
- Be an asylum seeker or refugee
- Be from a military family
- Be from a minority ethnic background
- Live in a household that receives income assessed benefits (these include free school meals, income support, income-related job seekers allowance, income-related employment and support allowance, carers allowance, universal credit, local authority housing benefit, council tax support)
- Live in an area considered a low socio-economic background (we can review this with your postcode)
If you believe you are eligible, please make sure you tick the ‘I believe I am eligible for a bursary’ box on the register your interest form and we will be in touch to assist you further.
You can read our Access and Participation Plans here.
We are committed to being inclusive of disabled people and anyone with access requirements. You are welcome to get in touch to discuss how best we can support you to make the most of the week.
International applicant guidance
According to the current Immigration rules in the UK, international visitors can undertake a short course for study in the UK on a Standard Visitor visa. Please contact our team for more information [email protected]
Register your interest for Summer School now and we will be in touch before applications open in February 2023 with more details.