BIMM Music Institute London facilities
More than just the capital of the country, London is the capital of the music world. With facilities befitting of the city’s status, BIMM Music Institute London is the ultimate place to prepare for the rigours of the music industry.
BIMM Music Institute London is an incredible building and a stunning place to go to work each day – but just like the best artists in music, the college boasts style and substance in equal measure.
There’s an incredible 25 teaching rooms here, all kitted-out with equipment from the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers.
Guitars from Gibson, Fender and Ernie Ball, drums and keyboards by Yamaha, amps from Marshall, Hartke and Peavey and mics from Shure and Sontronics.
Why not explore our college with our BIMM Music Institute London virtual tour?
BIMM Music Institute London can be found nestled just a short walk from the hustle and bustle of Fulham Broadway tube station.
The college has roots dating all the way back to 1983 where it began life as Drumtech Music School London – a dedicated Drums teaching centre. Today, it’s known as BIMM Music Institute London and spans five storeys and 19,000ft² in South West London.
Our main building is open during term time until 22:30 Monday to Friday and 16:30 Saturday and Sunday.
Outside of teaching hours, students can book rooms via our online booking system (room availability is dependant on course).
Being at the heart of the UK means that London often holds influence over the rest of the country – and sometimes the world.
It’s no surprise then that some of the world’s biggest music businesses have a home in London. Check out some of the businesses you could be rubbing shoulders with every day.
- Universal Music
- Sony Music
- Warner Music
- Live Nation
- Paradigm Agency
- United Talent Agency
- The O2
- O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire
- Eventim Apollo Hammersmith
- The Underworld
- Brixton Academy
Rehearsal space in London can range from £7 to £13 per hour. BIMM students can book certain FREE rehearsal slots in-house. Please ask Reception for more information once you have enrolled.
During term, all students – regardless of the course they are studying – have access to our facilities at Pirate Studios, which is a 30-minute journey from our main building. In 2019-20, students have 24 hour/seven days per week access to five rehearsal rooms and a recording studio. They also have access to a DJ room three days per week.
BIMM London also recently announced a brand-new partnership with lifestyle and footwear brand, Vans, who have branded the college’s flagship live performance room (GO1) with their distinctive signature style.
Our world-class discipline-specific performance facilities include dedicated rooms for Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drums and Keyboards.
Each room includes industry-standard equipment, such as guitars from Gibson, Fender, Ovation, Music Man, drums from Gretsch and Yamaha, percussion from LP, DW, GEWA, cymbals by Zildjian, Vater Drum Sticks, Evans drum heads, D’Addario guitar and bass strings and Roland and Yamaha Keyboards. We also have amps from Marshall, Orange, Fender, Victory, Mesa Boogie, bass amps from Aguilar, Orange and Fender, mics from SHURE, and effect pedals from BOSS.
Our facilities include:
- Three large performance rooms with high-level band equipment supported by our room endorsers, such as Marshall and Aguilar
- Three dedicated music business, event management and music marketing teaching rooms
- Seven Apple Mac suites offering 136 iMacs featuring Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton alongside a huge range of plugins. They also feature full access to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Five production/mix/songwriting booths
- Two recording studios with a large, acoustically-designed live room
- 5.1 surround sound mixing suite
- Six music performance teaching studios
- A keyboard suite
- A songwriting teaching studio
- Five specially-equipped acoustic drum/band rehearsal booths
- A lecture seminar room
- A study hub with hard-copy core text and trade/music publications
- A café
- A ‘Green Room’ social space
- Eight meeting rooms for study support, counselling, student support and academic support meetings
Our three drum studios are decked out with high-end equipment like iconic Zildjian cymbals and Gretsch award-winning kits topped with Evans’ pioneering drumheads.
You’ll be able to practice in one of our five specially equipped acoustic drum-booths, all sound-insulated so you’re free to let loose.
You’ll then perfect your performance chops and collaborate with bassists, guitarists, and vocalists in one of our three live performance rooms.
With dozens of dedicated keyboard stations, our keyboard room is the place to hone your skills on the keys and the perfect environment for taking your music theory knowledge to the next level.
BIMM Music Institute London has five production/mix/songwriting booths in which songwriting students can write, record and hone their creativity as a soloist or in a band setting.
Daily songwriting course lectures also take place in our dedicated songwriting teaching studio – a creative space equipped with everything you need to write your next masterpiece.
BIMM London houses all the facilities a discerning bass student could ever need to create the sort of rumbling low-end, including Aguilar amp heads, huge stacks in our live performance spaces and compact yet powerful combos in every rehearsal room.
With sponsorship from Victory amps and Marshall, plus guitars from Gibson, Fender and Ernie Ball, guitarists at BIMM Music Institute London will have all the tonal versatility they could need to learn, create and play in any genre.
Music production facilities
- Seven Mac Suites (also available for general study) complete with Focusrite Interfaces – Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic Pro X, Ableton and many Plug-ins from Sonnox, McDSP, iZotope and more. They also feature full access to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro)
- Five post-production Suites, complete with HD Omni – Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic Pro X, Ableton and Plug-ins from Sonnox, McDSP, iZotope, and many more
- Recording Studio A has a dedicated Control Room with an Audient ASP 8024 Mixing Console, various outboard effects units, multi-monitoring through Focal, Adam A7X and Avantone speakers, Xbox One for Gaming modules. The console is connected to a Live Room containing an upright piano, a Yamaha drum kit, guitar amps by Marshall, Fender, Mesa Boogie, Victory and Orange, and an Aguilar bass stack
- Recording Studio B with an Audient ASP4816 Mixing Console, various outboard effects units, a Hammond Organ, guitar amps by Orange and Fender, Yamaha absolute hybrid Drumkit and an isolation booth designed for vocals and guitar
- 5.1 surround sound mixing suite
More Music Production Facilities:
We also have a selection of hardware synthesizers by manufacturers such as Korg, Moog, Roland, and Arturia, Pioneer CDJs, Novation MIDI keyboards, Ableton Pushes, Roland SPD-SXs. We can also supply Focusrite 6i6 interfaces and a custom-built portable recording rig, which features a Focusrite interface 18i20, a Behringer headphone amp and a variety of Akai MIDI controllers/triggers.
For studio use, we also have a lunchbox featuring Neve and API compressors and preamps. You’ll also find mics from AKG, Shure, Electrovoice, Coles, Rode, Sennheiser, SE Electronics, Aston, Sontronics and Audix.