UK Visa and Immigration

As an international student, you may need to apply for a visa to study at BIMM Institute. You can get immigration and visa support throughout your time with us – from when you apply to when you graduate.

Fast-Track Service for CAS Issuing

The International Team is delighted to announce that BIMM Institute offers a new Fast-Track Service for 2021 course entry. This service allows you to get your visa under the Student Route up to 6 months prior to the start of your course, which will help you to plan your relocation to the UK in advance with more confidence and peace of mind.

Please see the details below to learn about the further benefits of our new Fast-Track Service.

This service provision is available until the 30th June 2021.

Who can benefit from this service?

  1. This is applicable to all prospective students who require a visa under the Student route to study in the UK.
  2. Had a successful audition or interview for one of BIMM Institute’s courses.
  3. Have met their academic entry requirements (with the exception of English language). You may have already received your secondary school grades/certificate or Degree qualification.*
  4. Are able to supply documents required for visa support checks prior to the 30th of June.

*Please note that mature students have an alternative way to meet entry requirements, such as RPP/RPCEL portfolio – contact [email protected] for further information.

Why take advantage of this service?

  1. If you are required to take an external English language test, we will assist with ESOL English language test booking via BIMM Institute at a reduced price and fully reimburse the test fee upon successful enrolment.
  2. You have an option to pay 50% of your course fees for the release of CAS (visa support letter) to commence your visa application and set up a payment plan for the remaining balance.
  3. Benefit from early course fee payment discount.
  4. 1-2-1 CAS/Visa Consultation with one of our highly qualified specialists to make sure your visa application service goes as smoothly as possible.
  5. Enjoy your positive student experience at completing the process early!

To get started, please use our Fast-Track Service Eligibility Checker.

Fast-Track Service Eligibility Checker

Nationals of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland do not need a visa or any other form of immigration permission to study at any of BIMM’s campuses in the UK until the 31st of December 2020.

EEA countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

You may be aware that the UK has left the European Union (EU). EEA and Swiss nationals who enter to live in the UK before the December 31st 2020 will be able to remain in the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme, provided you are granted status by the Home Office.

You can find detailed information on the EU Settlement Scheme and the time-frame for making an application here:

For further information on what the UK leaving the EU means for your studies at BIMM Institute, please go to our Brexit information page.

All other international students must have a visa or other form of immigration permission (for example, Indefinite Leave to Remain) to study in the UK.

If you already have a visa or other form of immigration permission for the UK you may be able to study at BIMM Institute without needing to apply for a visa under the Student Route. You can find information on visas and immigration, including whether or not a specific type of visa allows study in the UK, here:

Students who do not have a visa or other form of immigration permission that permits study will need to apply for a visa under the Student Route of the Points Based System via UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

All students, including UK and EEA nationals, are required to demonstrate to BIMM Institute that they have valid permission to study in the UK before are enrolled on a course of study.

Students who hold limited leave to remain in the UK (for example, they hold a PBS Dependant or other visa with a time-limit) are required to demonstrate that they continue to have permission to study throughout the duration of their course.

BIMM Institute is a registered UKVI sponsor and is able to assign a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS). A CAS is a unique reference number that the sponsor must assign to the student before the student can apply for a visa under the Student Route.

If you need a CAS, we will perform a pre-CAS assessment. In the first instance, we will request information regarding your:

  • previous academic studies and other relevant background information*;
  • English language ability*;
  • immigration history where you have previously spent time in the UK.

*All prospective students should ensure that they will meet BIMM Institute’s course entry requirements, including English language requirements specific to the course they wish to study.

Once we have reviewed this information, we may refer to you for further information depending on your specific circumstances.

In particular, if we have any concerns that UKVI may refuse your Student visa application, we may require further evidence from you prior to issuing a CAS to assess the likelihood of your application being approved. Once we have completed our assessment, if we are of the opinion that a Student visa application is likely to be refused, we reserve the right to not issue a CAS.

An overview of how to apply for a Student visa, including information on processing times, the Immigration Health Surcharge and UKVI’s visa application fees can be found here:

Detailed UKVI Policy Guidance for students under the Student Route, including information on how to make an application and information on conditions of stay and work rights and restrictions can be found here:

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) also produces information for international students and their website is here:

UKVI requires that all sponsors must comply with specific rules and obligations including:

  • checking that all students have permission to study in the UK, keeping copies of evidence checked and updating this as needed (depending on the immigration status, we will keep a copy of the passport ID page, evidence of entry, visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP);
  • carrying out thorough assessments to ensure that students are ‘genuine’ students before assigning a CAS;
  • ensuring that students with a Student visa comply with UKVI’s and their sponsor’s rules on engagement, attendance and absence;
  • keeping up to date and historic contact details for  international students;
  • reporting to UKVI:
    • if the student with a Student visa fails to register/enrol as required;
    • if the sponsor is concerned that a student is breaching the conditions of their Student visa; or
    • if the student leaves the course early or there is a relevant change in circumstances of the student or the sponsor.
  • withdrawing sponsorship if a student changes their immigration status or leaves or is withdrawn from the course.

BIMM Institute complies fully with UKVI rules and obligations as a sponsor and the above is an overview of our duties as a sponsor. For further information, please contact the International team.

All students studying with BIMM Institute must comply with BIMM Institute’s terms and conditions and policies which you can find on our essential documents page.


Any questions?

Our international team are on hand to provide prospective and enrolled international students with information and advice on UK immigration and visa requirements.

For help, support or advice, please call us between 8am – 6pm GMT using the contact details below.

UK: +44 1273626 666

Contact UK International: [email protected]
Contact EU Settlement/Brexit: [email protected]


© 2021 BIMM Institute
British and Irish Modern Music Institute