The MA Learning & Teaching in Creative Industries is perfect if you’re looking to enter into a teaching career for the first time. It’s also the ideal choice if you’re an experienced educator wanting to broaden your knowledge and skills within the field of creative arts education at Further Education and Higher Education levels.
You’ll engage in critical and collaborative development as a creative educator and improve your skills and agency as a teacher, as well as literacy in educational research.
The MA programme will take a person-centred approach and include a balance of expert tuition, experiential workshops and self-guided study. You will learn to analyse your key interests, beliefs and values to expand knowledge in areas such as:
- Learning and teaching practices
- Instructional and curricular design
- Assessment and feedback practices
- Learning theory and psychology
- Creative and experiential approaches to learning
- Critical pedagogy
- Critical theory and education in society
- Coaching and mentoring
- Leading and innovating in education
You will be required to complete four modules. And your MA programme will culminate in one of two ways:
- A research dissertation that discusses and explores a chosen area of academic interest or professional practice.
- An Action-Research Project where you will identify and improve upon a specific area of your own professional practice. You’ll also undertake a practicum of teaching and placement opportunities. Please note that you’ll be offered a placement opportunity if you are not currently working within education.