Why study Music Production at BIMM Institute London?
Join us at BIMM Institute London and you’ll join like-minded people in one of the world’s most creative cities.
Our Music Production courses in London range from our Diploma to our BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production and BA (Hons) Music and Sound Production courses – and even our range of Music Production joint honours degrees. Take a look at some of the reasons why you should study Music Production in London.
Expert Music Production Lecturers
BIMM Institute London has been contributing to the capital’s music scene for over a decade, thanks to our expert lecturers who continue to fulfil influential roles within it. Take a look at some of the lecturers below who will be teaching you one day and working in the likes of Abbey Road the next:
Christian Huant, Music Production Course Leader
Christian has recorded, mixed and mastered for many artists and has mixed at studios including Abbey Road, Townhouse, Sony Music (Whitfield Street) and Strongroom. He has been involved in audio and music production education since 1998 and writes and produces his own electronic pop and techno music. Christian also contributes to blogs and online video tutorials and has reviewed books for Focal Press.
Jim Bell, Music Production Lecturer
For over 20 years, Jim has worked as a Producer and Songwriter in the music industry. He has played and worked with artists such as Chris Slade (AC/DC, Gary Moore), Rick Dufay (Aerosmith), Martin Smith (ELO) and producers Stuart Epps, (Led Zeppelin, Robbie Williams), Jimmy Miller (Rolling Stones), Brian Wilson (The Beach Boys) and many others.
Johan England, Music Production Lecturer
Johan has spent his working life in studios. As a house producer and engineer for EMI Publishing, Johan has worked with a range of artists, including Busted, Lulu, So Solid Crew and Salaam Remi. He’s written and recorded with members of The Vaccines, Daughter and the George Ezra band, and has also worked with Spanish psy-garage rock outfit, Deers, and electronic artist, Jones.
Incredible Music Production Facilities
At BIMM Institute, we supply you with state-of-the-art facilities throughout your Music Production degree in London so you can take your skills to the ultimate level. Our facilities include:
- Seven Mac Suites (also available for general study) complete with Focusrite Interfaces – Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic Pro X, Ableton and many Plug-ins from Sonnox, McDSP, iZotope and more. They also feature full access to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro)
- Five post-production Suites, complete with HD Omni – Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic Pro X, Ableton and Plug-ins from Sonnox, McDSP, iZotope, and many more
- Recording Studio A has a dedicated Control Room with an Audient ASP 8024 Mixing Console, various outboard effects units, multi-monitoring through Focal, Adam A7X and Avantone speakers, Xbox One for Gaming modules. The console is connected to a Live Room containing an upright piano, a Yamaha drum kit, guitar amps by Marshall, Fender, Mesa Boogie, Victory and Orange, and an Aguilar bass stack
- Recording Studio B with an Audient ASP4816 Mixing Console, various outboard effects units, a Hammond Organ, guitar amps by Orange and Fender, Yamaha absolute hybrid Drumkit and an isolation booth designed for vocals and guitar
- 5.1 surround sound mixing suite
London’s Music Scene
On top of our expert Music Production lecturers and incredible, cutting-edge Music Production equipment and facilities, you’ll also be based in one of the most musically-rich and exciting cities on this planet.
You’ll study in a city that’s inspired many talented and influential music producers, such as Nick Launay (who produced IDLES’ new record, Ultra Mono), Gorgon City, MNEK, Nyge, George Martin, and many more.