BIMM Institute Dublin launches new Scholarship with IMRO
We’re excited to announce our fourth scholarship with IMRO: the BIMM Institute Dublin Diploma in Music Business Scholarship. It’s part of our commitment to continue supporting and shaping the Irish music scene through market-leading courses, unrivalled connections, and innovative scholarships with some of the industry’s biggest brands.
Introducing the Foundation Diploma in Music Business Scholarship 2021
This scholarship will offer one lucky student the opportunity to study our year-long Foundation Diploma in Music Business free of charge. If you’re interested in applying for the scholarship, please submit your inquiry to [email protected] before 5pm Thursday, 12th August.
“It is critical that we support the next generation of creative thinkers and industry professionals.”
– Keith Johnson, Director of Marketing & Membership, IMRO
“IMRO is delighted to continue its partnership with BIMM Institute Dublin on its Music Business Diploma course,” says Keith Johnson, Director of Marketing & Membership at IMRO. He continues: “It is critical that we support the next generation of creative thinkers and industry professionals.
“BIMM graduates are to be found in every sector of the music industry in Ireland, which is a testament to the quality of the tuition, experiences and industry connections that students are exposed to during their time at this renowned institution.”
“No one cares more about the business of music in Ireland than IMRO.”
– Alan Cullivan, College Principal, BIMM Institute Dublin.
Alan Cullivan, College Principal at BIMM Institute Dublin, echoes the excitement of the two organisations coming together to support future talent. He tells us: “IMRO is a vital organisation within the Irish music industry and has been for many years. It always displays unwavering support for Irish artists, both new and established, in their role of collection society, education provider and lobbyist for greater development and investment in homegrown talent. Partnering with IMRO on our new Music Business Diploma Scholarship makes perfect sense for us, as no one cares more about the business of music in Ireland than IMRO.”
“Undertaking this study and diploma only furthered my knowledge of music business and solidified my love for my work.”
– Laura McCabe, Music Business Diploma Scholarship Winner, 2020.
We spoke to Laura McCabe, winner of the Music Business Diploma Scholarship 2020, to find out how winning the course has helped in her career so far: “Financially, it took the pressure off me, as well as giving me the confidence I need in order to further pursue my career in Artist Management.” She continues: “While I’ve been working as an artist manager for a number of years, undertaking this study and diploma only furthered my knowledge of music business and solidified my love for my work.”
Laura tells us that a lot of what BIMM Institute offers also helped to expand her knowledge. “The tutors are all experienced members of the industry and we learned so much from them, as well as the brilliant guest speakers that were brought into lectures – many of which I knew from the industry already, or else new ones I now have a base connection with because of it. I’m so thankful to IMRO for selecting me for this scholarship at BIMM Institute. I really enjoyed my time studying there!”
Why choose our Foundation Diploma in Music Business?
This part-time course is ideal for those with no experience of the industry and who wish to use it as a starting platform for further study or entrepreneurship. We’ve designed this course to offer you a practical skill set. You’ll learn all you need to become a future entrepreneur or work in a successful role of your choosing.
With a Music Business diploma, you can progress to work in areas such as:
- Music promotion and marketing
- Artist management
- Tour management
- Physical and digital music distribution
- E-commerce in the music industry
- Music publishing
- Live music events
How to apply for the BIMM Institute Dublin X IMRO Diploma in Music Business Scholarship:
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must first apply or have already applied to the Foundation Diploma in Music Business. Please request an application form by emailing the BIMM Institute Dublin Admissions team at [email protected] or call +353 1 5133 666
- Return the completed application form via email to [email protected] before 5 pm Thursday, 12th of August, 2021
- Once you have applied, we will contact you with details of the interview. You will receive at least six to ten days’ notice of your scheduled interview time
- Bring any relevant material to your interview that demonstrates your experience in music or the creative industries
- International applicants are welcome to apply. All scholarship interviews will be conducted via Zoom