Manchester Accommodation Guide
We recognise the importance of students being able to find suitable accommodation whilst studying at BIMM University. It’s a big part of your student experience, and our accommodation guide below is here to answer all of your questions. BIMM University doesn’t have halls of residence, but this won’t get in your way as there are plenty of private halls and private letting opportunities around the city.
We’ll give you the inside track on dealing with estate agents, what to look for when house viewing and where the best places are to live in the city. We’ll also further discuss your different accommodation options, such as private student accommodation or house shares.
Our friendly Student Support Team are here should you need further accommodation advice, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Accommodation for 2024/25 Entry
BIMM University has partnered with top student accommodation provider, Amber, to service all our campus locations, ensuring you have exclusive access to the best living spaces in the city. Say goodbye to the hassle of searching for the ideal place to live and hello to a worry-free academic year.
What can you expect?
- Prime Locations: Our accommodations are conveniently located near campus and local amenities.
- Comfortable Living: Enjoy well-furnished and fully equipped spaces designed with students in mind.
- Affordable Options: We offer a range of budget-friendly choices to suit your financial needs.
- Safety First: Your security is our priority; our accommodations are equipped with modern safety features.
- Peace of Mind: Our exclusive properties are verified, and price match guaranteed.
- Early Bird Offers: Take advantage of rent reductions by booking early and unlock savings on moving and lifestyle expenses like restaurant charges, luggage fees, gym memberships, and so much more!
How to secure your accommodation
- Apply to study a degree programme at BIMM Music Institute for the upcoming 2024/25 academic year.
- Firmly accept an offer of a place on a degree programme at BIMM Music Institute, conditional or unconditional.
- Browse through our available options using the unique link provided by BIMM Music Institute upon firm acceptance of your offer.
- Select your preferred accommodation and follow the easy booking process.
Please note: Applicants must be aged 18 or over and confirm BIMM Music Institute as their firm choice to be eligible for accommodation. If BIMM is your insurance choice, you will not be eligible to apply for accommodation, and we would advise checking out the alternative accommodation options below.
Living in the heart of Manchester means you are within walking distance of the university and all the amenities that urban living offers. This area boasts a variety of private halls and rented flats, from modern high-rises to historic buildings.
Located just south of the city centre, Fallowfield is a bustling student area with a wide range of housing options, including shared houses and apartments. It’s known for its vibrant nightlife and student-friendly atmosphere.
Adjacent to Fallowfield, Withington offers a quieter location while still being a short commute to the university. It is a neighbourhood known for its leafy streets and cosy student hangouts.
Unite Students Accommodation
Unite Students offers a range of en-suite rooms in shared apartments. It’s conveniently located for BIMM Manchester students and provides common areas and a study room.
Bridgewater Heights is a modern student accommodation building close to Manchester city centre. It offers a range of en-suite rooms and studio apartments. Facilities include a gym, common room, study areas and onsite laundry.
iQ Wilmslow Park
Situated near the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University, it provides a variety of room types, including en-suite rooms and studios. The accommodation offers a gym, common areas and study spaces.
Conveniently located for students as the campus is just a short walk away, Cavendish Place is a great base to explore all Manchester offers. Facilities include outdoor garden space and on-site laundry.
Manchester has an array of private rentals if you would prefer to live more independently. There are various lettings agents to assist you in finding a shared flat or house. This option allows you to tailor your choice to your budget and preferences. Some popular student lettings agents in Manchester include:
Consider joining local student groups or forums to connect with potential housemates and get recommendations for private rentals. Manchester offers a diverse range of accommodations, so you’re sure to find the perfect place to call home while enjoying everything this vibrant city has to offer.
- We recommend trying to view a property twice. You’ll be more likely to notice problems the second time around.
- Take someone with you or let someone else know exactly where you are when you visit a property, just to err on the side of caution.
- It’s also a good idea to visit the area at night. If you do this, please ensure you stick to the point above and take someone with you.
- Make sure you and all your other housemates view the property. Don’t take someone else’s word that the property is right for you.
- Compare a range of different landlords and properties.
- Take your time, and don’t let landlords pressure you; there is a surplus of suitable properties in the area, and you will find somewhere you like.
- When you go to view, take notes and photos and use our checklist to ensure you don’t miss anything.
- Knowing your rights will help you view properties more critically and strengthen your negotiating position.
For any questions regarding student accommodation or if you’d like more information on how to apply to BIMM Music Institute Manchester, please contact our Enquiries Team on 01273 840 346 or email [email protected].