We recognise that not all applicants wanting to attend one of our admissions events are able to for many reasons. The Applicant Event Travel Bursary will go a long way in helping you plan your visit by covering the cost of rail, bus or fuel expenses for you, the applicant.
Who can apply for the Applicant Event Travel Bursary?
You can apply for the travel bursary if you meet all the following criteria:
1. You are domiciled in the UK.
2. You live in an area where University participation is low.
To confirm if this applies to you, please visit www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/postcode-search/ and follow these instructions:
- Input your postcode (without spaces) in the search box under ‘Area-based measure postcode look-up’.
- Check the tick-box marked ‘MSOA/IZ/SOA (used to calculate POLAR4 and TUNDRA)’
- View the table on the left-hand side of the map under the ‘POLAR4’ measure. If either Quintile 1 or 2, you are eligible for the Applicant Event Travel Bursary. See an example of a qualifying area
3. Your household income is below £25,000. Please tick respective box within Applicant Event travel Bursary Form
Please note: BIMM will periodically review qualifying criteria based on SLC data in order to determine valid claims.
How do I make a claim?
You can only make a claim after you have attended an Audition or Experience Day.
If you meet all the above requirements, please complete our Applicant Event Travel Bursary Form within one week of attending the event. If you are eligible, we will check event attendance records and ensure you had a great experience. We will then process the travel bursary application, send confirmation of the bursary awarded and make payment to the bank details provided within the form.
- The Applicant Event Travel Bursary is available for one of each of the following events – Audition Day and Experience Day – up to the value of £100.
- A booking must be made in advance of the event.
- Event attendance will be monitored.
- If travelling by car, fuel mileage is calculated based on 40p per mile. Your home address will be used as the starting point of your journey.
- Travel Bursary claims must be submitted within one week of attending an Applicant Event.
- You are not obliged to confirm any course offer, nor does it confirm a place at BIMM should you be successful and receive the Applicant Event Travel Bursary.