Results and exams
In order to ensure that you have met any academic entry requirements in place for your chosen course of study, the Admissions team will need to see evidence of these. There are a few ways that we can do this, which will vary according to the level of course that you have applied for.
If you have completed your qualifications in the UK, such as A-Levels, BTEC Level 3 programmes or Scottish Highers, then the majority of these will become available for us to view via UCAS. If we can access these and verify that you have met the academic conditions of your offer – and that no other conditions are outstanding- then will we amend your offer to ‘Unconditional’. You will then be able to view this decision on UCAS Hub:
- ‘Conditional’ offer means that your place is pending until we receive any further information required, such as exam results and certificates
- ‘Unconditional’ offer means that you have met the entry criteria for the course
If you are waiting for results and your offer is still conditional following results day, then one or both of the following may apply:
- We have not yet received your results via UCAS – sometimes there may be a delay in UCAS being able to publish some sets of exam results. If you have received a copy of your results, then you should send a copy of these to the Admissions team at [email protected] or upload a copy to your applicant portal.
- You still have other conditions outstanding – you may need to provide further evidence before we can amend your offer to Unconditional. You should view your offer on UCAS Hub to check your conditions. If you think that you have met all of your conditions then you should contact the Admissions Team.
If you have taken your qualifications outside of the UK, then we will not receive any confirmation of these through UCAS. You will need to send a copy of your results, transcript and certificate to the International Admissions team at [email protected]
You should check your UCAS Track to view the full conditions of your offer, as this may include additional evidence that we require before confirming your place at BIMM Music Institute. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Copy of your passport
- Evidence of Immigration status
- Obtaining a visa to study in the UK
- Attending an audition/interview and being recommended for the course
- An approved English Language Qualification/SELT
All UK Level 2 / GCSE results will need to be sent to the admissions team. You will need to send a copy of these to BIMM at [email protected]
We are able to accept the following as evidence of your exam results:
- A clear scan or photograph of your statement of results
- A clear scan or photograph of your Official Certificate/s
- An email from your school – must be attached to an email and not forwarded
- Clear screen shot of results from your school’s online portal – this must include your name, date of birth and unique learner number
You will be informed via email if you have been accepted based on the results that you have achieved, if your application needs to be reviewed or if you have been unsuccessful for this cycle.
Once we have been able to confirm that all conditions of your offer have been met and you have accepted your offer to study at BIMM Music Institute, we will then be able to amend your offer to Unconditional. This will then begin the enrolment process for you and you will be sent details by email.
If you require any further assistance, please contact our Enquiries Team on 01273 840 346 or email [email protected].