Painting the Picture – Arranging Live Guitar, Bass & Drums
28 Apr 2021
This virtual event gives you an insight into instrumental live arrangements and will be hosted by our BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance lecturers at BIMM Institute Berlin and Hamburg: Uwe Breunig (Drums), Deniz Erarslan (Guitar) and Martin Stumpf (Bass).
In this session, our three lecturers will demonstrate techniques of collaboratively developing parts for a song arrangement, approaches to improvisation and stylistic awareness and to playing techniques and tone production. They will take a non-arranged song from one of BIMM Institute’s songwriting students to also showcase how performance students collaborate with each other and students from other disciplines.
This is an essential webinar for anyone considering a career as a Musical Director or Session Musician. Producers, Performers and Songwriters will also find the content highly useful for their creative projects.
In this webinar they will discuss the following:
- Demonstrate techniques of collaboratively developing parts for a song arrangement
- Explain approaches to communication in a professional session environment
- Demonstrate approaches to improvisation and stylistic awareness
- Draw reference to our areas of specialism and personal taste
- Demonstrate approaches to playing techniques and tone production
The webinar will last 1 hour with a 30-minute Q&A section at the end, so you leave with no questions unanswered.
This session will be hosted on Zoom, held in English-language and starts at 18:00 CET (German time).
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!