If your first language isn’t English, you might need to complete an English language test. Should this be required, we recommend Academic IELTS as a first choice.
Our Admissions Team will be able to provide further information and guidance on IELTS as well as other English language test options that meet BIMM entry requirements.
The following qualifications are required for each of our courses:
For our UK diploma courses, applicants require an IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5.5 to be achieved in each band.
If you are an international applicant that requires a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, you will need a UKVI IELTS at an academic level. This is also referred to as SELTs. We will provide you with more details about this when you apply.
For each of the following single and joint honours undergraduate courses, applicants require an Academic IELTS. You will need an IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5.5 to be achieved in each band:
- BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance
- BMus (Hons) Songwriting
- BA (Hons) Music & Sound Production
- BA (Hons) Electronic Music Production
- BA (Hons) Music Business
- BA (Hons) Event Management
- BA (Hons) Music Marketing, Media and Communication
- BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Music Business
- BA (Hons) Music Production & Music Business
- BA (Hons) Songwriting & Music Business
- BA (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Music Production
- BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance & Songwriting
- BA (Hons) Songwriting & Music Production
For our single honours and joint honours undergraduate courses, we also accept the following equivalent English Language exams:
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a score of 170 overall, including at least 165 in each band
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate in English (CAE) with a score of 170 overall, including at least 165 in each band.
- Pearson (PTE Academic) with a score of 50 overall, including at least 42 in all four skills
- TOEFL (iBT) with a score of 80 overall, including at least 19 in Listening, 19 in Reading, 21 in Speaking and 21 in Writing
For our MA courses, applicants require an Academic IELTS. You will need an IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 6.0 to be achieved in each band.
You’ll also need to meet the academic entry criteria for the course you wish to apply for. These can be found on our course pages. When you make your application, you’ll need to provide us with evidence of your qualifications.
If you’re a national from outside the EU/EEA, you’ll need a Tier 4 Student Visa. BIMM is a Tier 4 Registered Sponsor. This visa is a required document that allows non-European residents to enter the country and stay for more than six months as a student. We can help you gain one, subject to certain criteria being met.
Please allow plenty of time to collect your supporting documentation. You can apply for your Tier 4 visa no earlier than three months before the start of your course.
CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) is the document that is issued to you by BIMM (the sponsoring institution). We will provide this to you following your offer acceptance and after you have successfully completed a checklist of required documents.
You will require a CAS before you start your visa application. It’s an online form that is used by UK
Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to assess your application. It’s very important that you include the same evidence as that stated on the CAS.
At BIMM Institute UK, we offer a bespoke approach to your Tier 4 application. We offer you full support and guidance with your preparation in applying for your Tier 4 Visa. All successful applicants get a one-to-one consultation with a member of an international team to go through a document checklist and important Tier 4 regulations.
If you need any assistance with your application, please email [email protected] or contact your relevant Admissions Team:
+ 44 (0) 1273 626 666
+ 353 151 33 666
+49 303 11 99 186
+49 303 11 99 186