Applying through UCAS
If you are applying to study on an Undergraduate course at BIMM Institute, then you will be required to make your application through UCAS. This will include having to enter your personal, education and any support information as well as writing a Personal Statement and providing a reference.
You will then be able to add your course choices and will require 3 pieces of information to do this- the institution code, the campus code and the course code. You can find all of this information for our current courses to the side.
We have created resources to help assist and guide you in creating your Personal Statement and making your UCAS application which can be accessed below.
UCAS deadlines and important dates
There are a number of important dates to be aware of, if you are applying for an undergraduate course through UCAS. These deadlines are set by UCAS for all applicants using the service and we are unable to amend these.
You will receive correspondence from UCAS to remind you of any important dates and will also be able to view and deadlines that you might have, by logging into your UCAS Hub.
Some of the most important dates for you to be aware of for the 2023 cycle, are:
- 25th January 2023 at 18:00 GMT: UCAS Equal Consideration deadline. This is the deadline for applications to be considered ‘on-time’ and will guarantee that your application is considered before any applications received after this date.
- 8th June 2023 at 18:00 GMT: If you received replies from all of your choices by 18th May 2023, then you will need to reply to your offers by this date. If you miss this deadline then your applications will Decline by Default (DBD).
- 30th June 2023 at 18:00 GMT: UCAS main scheme closes for new 2022 applicants. All new applications received after this point will be made through Clearing.
- 5th July 2023: Clearing Opens for applicants who did not apply during the main scheme
- 17th July 2022 at 18:00 GMT: If you received replies from all of your choices by 12th July 2022, then you will need to reply to your offers by this date. If you miss this deadline then your applications will Decline by Default (DBD).
UCAS Hub – your offer, conditions and decision
Once you have submitted and paid for your UCAS application, you will then be able to view any changes or updates made to your application via UCAS Hub. This is where you will be able to view any offers that you may have received and any conditions associated with this.
Your offer and conditions
If you are made a conditional offer on UCAS, it is important that you take the time to read the conditions of your offer carefully, as an offer from BIMM Institute could include any or all of the following- each of these will need to be met/evidenced before your offer can be made Unconditional:
- Academic qualifications- Level 3 (such as A Levels) and Level 2 (such as GCSE English)
- Passing an RPP Submission- this will be set for mature applicants in lieu of Level 3 qualifications or if Level 3 attainment does not meet requirements
- Passing RPL (Year 2 entry only)
- Attending an audition/interview and receiving a recommendation
- Passing a Level 2 English essay- if you do not hold GCSE English at a C or Level 2 equivalent, then we may ask you to complete a short, written task
- Copy of your UK passport
- Evidence of Immigration Status
- A reference- if you did not provide one on your UCAS application
Accepting your offer
You will only be able to accept your offer once you have received decisions from all of your choices. If you have applied to more than one institution and would like to accept an offer made by BIMM, but are unable to, then it is likely that you are waiting for a decision from another choice and it may be worth contacting them directly.
You do not have to have met the conditions of your offer before you accept it. Your offer will remain Conditional Firm (CF) until you have provided evidence that all conditions have been met. Often, this will be once you receive your exam results.
Depending on when you receive all of your offers, you will have a deadline to respond. This information will be available to view on your UCAS Hub.
If you require any further assistance, please contact our Admissions Team on 0344 2 646 666 or email [email protected].