As a Higher Education provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS) we are required to provide transparency data on specific areas regarding undergraduate applications, offers, acceptances and registrations as well as attainment information.
The information published on this page shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to higher education courses that we have received
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us
- The number of students who registered and went on to complete their course with us
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or another academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socioeconomic background
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses, and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
With regard to information that is split by the three characteristics of gender, ethnicity and socioeconomic background you will see that some figures may be highlighted. This is because those differences between groups of students with particular characteristics are notable.
*In line with revised guidance from the OfS, Transparency Data for 2019/20 and 2020/21 is limited to attainment data.
2020-21 Transparency Data (PDF)
2019-20 Transparency Data (PDF)
2018-19 Transparency Data (PDF)